Get kids busy in the kitchen with these scrummy courgette muffins, perfect for cooks aged between 8-14.
- 50g courgettes, cut into chunks
- 1 apple, peeled and quartered
- 1 orange, halved
- 1 egg
- 75g butter, melted
- 300g self-raising flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 100g golden caster sugar
- handful of sultanas
- 1 tub soft cheese mixed with 3 tbsp icing sugar, to make icing
- Brush the muffin tin with oil. Ask your grown-up helper to switch the oven to 190C/ 170C fan/gas 5.
- Grate the courgettes and put them in a large bowl. Grate the apple and add to the bowl. Squeeze the orange and add the juice to the bowl.
- Break the egg into a bowl; if any bits of shell get in, scoop them out with a spoon. Stir the butter and egg into the courgette and apple mix.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and cinnamon into the bowl. Add the sugar and sultanas.
- Mix with a spoon until everything is combined, but don’t worry if it is lumpy.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin. Ask your helper to put it in the oven and cook for 20-25 mins. Cool in the tin, then spread some icing on each.
Recipe from Good Food magazine, July 2010