1/2 large mild onion, sliced
2 bulbs fennel, trimmed & sliced
1 clove garlic, crushed
30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
knob of butter
550g (1 1/4lb) diced leg of lamb
450g (1lb) plum tomatoes, skinned & chopped
zest & juice of 1 orange
30ml (2 tbsp) crushed sun-dried tomatoes
salt & pepper
2 large sprigs of fresh rosemary
10 pitted black olives (optional)
1) Fry onion, fennel & garlic in olive oil and butter for about 10 mins until lightly browned. Drain & remove from pan.
2) Turn up heat and brown meat in pan.
3) Add tomatoes, orange zest & juice, sun-dried tomatoes & seasoning. Return onion & fennel to pan. Stirring, bring to the boil.
4) Spoon into a large casserole dish. Add rosemary. Cover & cook in a preheated over 180C/350F, gas mark 4, for 1/2 hour.
5) Uncover and cook for a further hour or until the meat is tender. Stir occasionally.
6) Remove rosemary, add olives and return to oven for 5 mins.
7) Garnish with plenty of chopped parsley